A new multi-million dollar media centre is available to Monash University’s School of Media, Film and Journalism students from semester one 2016.
The state-of-the-art media centre, based on Level 5 of Building B at Caulfield, is an integrated teaching and production/research set of facilities incorporating staff and student work spaces, including:
- Two laboratories/classrooms each with 24 student computer terminals, e-lecterns, interactive screens and optical-fibre cabling for synchronous and asynchronous blended teaching/learning activities.
- Two radio/sound production studios with an adjacent control-room/audio production and teaching suite.
- One open-plan newsroom which will become the centre of our students’ lives.
It will also include a broadcast TV and video production studio announcer/guest desk for six people, with mobile tripod mounted cameras, overhead lighting grid and full sound and vision cabling and graphics screen. It will feature:
- An adjacent control room/vision mixing production and teaching suite, and
- Construction of a new social space for students.