Credit points: 12
Location: Monash Prato Centre, Italy
Coordinator: Dr Jessie Birkett-Rees and Dr Andrew Connor
Program type: Arts Semester in Prato
– APPLICATIONS CLOSED –
The unit introduces students to the diverse range of methods employed within archaeology to explore and present the ancient cultures of Italy. It incorporates varying modules that introduce modern scientific, non-invasive strategies alongside more traditional fieldwork, and looks at how the ancient cultures are presented in a museum context.
Study will commence at Clayton campus and then transfer to Italy, exploring the ancient remains of that city before moving to Prato, where seminars and field trips will investigate the core issues in studying the past.
– KEY DATES –
|2017 Sem 2 Program||2018 Sem 2 Program|
|Pre-Departure Session (Compulsory)||17 May 2017||May 2018|
|Melbourne Dates||18 October @ 4pm (Meetup)
20 – 23 November (Seminar)
|Overseas Dates||27 November – 15 December (Block 3)||19 November – 14 December 2018 (Block 3)|
|Results||Check here||Check here|
– PROGRAM FEE –
|Deposit (Paid on application)||$500|
|Balance (Paid on acceptance into program)||$1,850|
Program Fee includes:
- Travel during the study tour
- Site entrance fees
– TUITION FEE –
Monash students will be charged fees according to their verified funding status. This fee will appear on your Monash Fee Statement. Non-Monash students must contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about tuition fees.
– ADDITIONAL COSTS –
- Spending money (varies for each study tour)
- International return airfare**
* Please note, students should not book flights until after your application has been endorsed by the Faculty and the Faculty has confirmed the program will be going ahead.
How to Apply
Applications open: Applications for 2018 Semester 2 will open November 2017.
Applications close: Applications for 2017 Semester 2 are now closed.
- Read the full application process
- Register your Expression of Interest for 2018 Semester 2 Program here.
* Art Study Tour units have a minimum number of students to be able to go ahead. Students should not make any travel arrangements until the Faculty has endorsed their application and confirmed the program will be going ahead.