|Unit||ATS2251 / ATS3251|
|Location||Cuba (Havana, Santa Clara, Trinidad)|
|Coordinators||Dr Carlos Uxo and Dr Gabriel Garcia Ochoa|
|Program Type||Faculty-Led Program|
– LATE APPLICATIONS STILL BEING ACCEPTED –
This study tour offers a unique environment for students to engage with the history politics and culture of Cuba. Students will undertake a two-week intensive stay in Cuba where they will have the opportunity to engage with academics, activists and leading cultural figures. Students will be asked to engage with some of key challenges facing Cuba today and to consider these in a broader global context. A key component of this study tour will be directed at developing students’ cultural literacy.
|Pre-Departure Session (Compulsory)||October 2017 TBC|
|On Campus teaching||November 2017 (Clayton) TBC|
|Overseas Dates||28 January 2018 – 10 February 2018|
|Deposit (Paid on application)||$500|
|Balance (Paid on acceptance into program)||$2,597.50|
|Balance (Paid before Pre-Departure)||$2,597.50|
|Total Program Fee||$5,695|
|Included in Program Fee||Additional Costs|
|Transport during the tour||Some Meals|
|Accommodation – Single/Triple Share||Spending Money|
|Most meals||International Return Flights + transfers*|
|Site entrance fees||Tuition Fees (see below)|
* Please note, students should not book flights until after your application has been approved by the Faculty and the Faculty has confirmed the program will be going ahead.
- Loans: There are a number of loans available to assist you in financing your overseas study program.
- Travel Insurance: All outgoing students will receive complementary travel insurance.
- Tuition Fees: Monash students will be charged fees according to their verified funding status. This fee will appear on your Monash Fee Statement. Non-Monash students must contact email@example.com to enquire about tuition fees.
- Refund Policy: Please read our refund policy carefully before applying.
How to Apply
First round of applications closed on 31 August. Late Applications will be considered.
1. Read the full application process
2. Apply here
- Submit your expression of interest for the 2018 program