Credit points: 6
Location: Monash Prato Centre, Italy
Coordinator: Dr Helen Forbes-Mewett
Program type: Arts Semester in Prato
– APPLICATIONS CLOSED –
The unit, presented over a four week period, involves a research-led case study of cultural diversity in Europe. Based at Monash University’s Prato Centre, students will be introduced to the main overarching theories concerning migration and cultural diversity. The uniqueness of the unit and its relevance to the Prato setting is that students will use these theoretical underpinnings to frame a case study involving observational research to complete 3000 word case study concerning managing cultural diversity in Europe. Students will be encouraged to observe cultural similarities and differences, and particularly the interactions between different cultural groups.
– KEY DATES –
|2017 Sem 2 Program||2018 Sem 2 Program|
|Pre-Departure Session (Compulsory)||17 May 2017||May 2018|
|Overseas Dates||23 October – 17 November (Block 2)||22 October – 16 November (Block 2)|
|Results||Check here||Check here|
– PROGRAM FEE –
|Deposit (Paid on application)||$300|
|Balance (Paid on acceptance into program)||$0|
– TUITION FEE –
Monash students will be charged fees according to their verified funding status. This fee will appear on your Monash Fee Statement. Non-Monash students must contact email@example.com to enquire about tuition fees.
– ACCOMMODATION –
Students participating in the Semester in Prato program must stay in Prato during their program dates. There are many great options close to the Prato Centre that you will book independently.
– ADDITIONAL COSTS –
- Spending money
- International return airfare* and associated transfers
* Please note, students should not book flights until after your application has been endorsed by the Faculty and the Faculty has confirmed the program will be going ahead.
How to Apply
Applications open: Applications for 2018 Semester 2 will open November 2017.
Applications close: Applications for 2017 Semester 2 are now closed.
- Read the full application process
- Register your Expression of Interest for 2018 Semester 2 Program here.
* Art Study Tour units have a minimum number of students to be able to go ahead. Students should not make any travel arrangements until the Faculty has endorsed their application and confirmed the program will be going ahead.