The Arts Global Scholars Program is designed to create future leaders for social change. This is at the heart of the Bachelor of Global Studies degree.
The program is designed to add to your international study component of your degree by challenging you to engage with your international experience, to step outside and reflect on the people and culture of your chosen destination and to return to Monash and foster a culture of study abroad in Arts.
– APPLICATIONS OPEN NOW –
There are 30 Global Scholars places and 30 x $3000 scholarships for 2018. The scholarship will assist Global Scholars with the costs associated with the international study component of the Bachelor of Global Studies.
Being a Global Scholar requires organisation and enthusiasm. You will be required to participate in a number of different activities both before, during and after your international study experience.
Global Scholar Blogs
As a Global Scholar, you will be part of a growing network of past and present BGS students, who are fostering a culture of study abroad within Arts!
While overseas, you will blog about your experience by writing a 500 word blog and/or short video about one of the following topics:
- Social change and innovation within your host community: how are locals making a different in their and/or the global community?
- Career development: have your career goals changed and developed because of your experience? Who have you met or what has brought about this development?
- What it means to be an outsider in your host community: have you faced many challenges? Can you identify any cultural aspects that have sparked a change in your thinking?
When you return, you will be responsible for communicating study overseas opportunities to other BGS and Arts students! This may be in the form of doing a Facebook post, a lecture presentation or contributing to our monthly newsletter! And definitely, in the form of assisting at University promotional events – for example Monash Open Day or the Monash Abroad Exchange and Experience Expo. These are really fun events where you will be able to share your overseas experience with other students!
But most importantly, we want other students to hear of your experience directly, so Global Scholars will host regional mentorship meetings (RMMs). They are meetings with 1+ current students who are interested in studying in the region where you studied.
As a Global Scholar, you have the opportunity to develop skills in a number of areas. Arts Global Programs has teamed up with Monash Student Futures to help you identify some of these skills and articulate them to employers. The Faculty can also write you an endorsement based on your performance during your Global Scholars Semester through this platform!
Sound like a cool program to you? Come join us!
- You must be enrolled in the Bachelor of Global Studies.
- You must meet the overseas eligibility requirements for your chosen opportunity.
- You must be studying overseas in 2018.
- You must return to Monash for at least one semester after your overseas program.
How to apply
Applications open: NOW!
Applications close: Tuesday, 31 October 2017 (12pm)