The Arts Global Scholars program is designed to create future leaders for social change. This is at the heart of the Bachelor of Global Studies degree.
The program is designed to add to your international study component of your degree by challenging you to engage with your international experience, to step outside and reflect on the people and culture of your chosen destination and to return to Monash as part of a growing networking of past and present Global Scholars who are fostering a culture of study abroad in Arts!
There are 30 x $3000 scholarships available in this program for 2018. The scholarship will assist Global Scholars with the costs associated with the international study component of the Bachelor of Global Studies.
What are the expectations?
Being a Global Scholar requires organisation and enthusiasm. You will be required to participate in a number of different activities both before, during and after your international study experience.
You will be expected to write a 500 word blog and/or produce a short video (see below for topics and questions).
When you return
You will be responsible for communicating study overseas opportunities to other BGS and Arts students! This may be in the form of doing a Facebook post, a lecture presentation or contributing to our monthly newsletter! And definitely, in the form of assisting at University promotional events – for example Monash Open Day or the Monash Abroad Exchange and Experience Expo. These are really fun events where you will be able to share your overseas experience with other students!
Beyond your Global Scholar Semester
As a Global Scholar, you have the opportunity to develop skills in a number of areas. Arts Global Programs has teamed up with Monash Student Futures to help you identify some of these skills and articulate them to employers. The Faculty can also write you an endorsement based on your performance during your Global Scholars Semester through this platform!
Sound like a cool program to you? Come join us!
Global Scholar Blogs
While overseas, you will be expected to write a 500 word blog and/or short video about one of the following topics:
- Social change and innovation within your host community – How are locals making a different in their and/or the global community?
- Career development – Have your career goals changed and developed because of your experience? Who have you met or what has brought about this development?
- What it means to be an outsider in your host community – Have you faced many challenges? Can you identify any cultural aspects that have sparked a change in your thinking?
How to apply
Applications close February 16 2018!
- Ensure you meet the eligibility requirements
- You must be enrolled in the Bachelor of Global Studies.
- You must meet the overseas eligibility requirements for your chosen opportunity.
- You must be studying overseas in 2018.
- You must return to Monash for at least one semester after your overseas program.
- Find out more about the selection process here
- Apply through Coursework Scholarship Unit for 2018 Scholarships here
- Ensure you tick yes to travel in the application!