Credit points: 6
Location: Monash Prato Centre, Italy
Coordinator: Professor Robin Gerster
Program type: Arts Semester in Prato
- Pre-departure session (Compulsory) : 17 May 2017
- Overseas dates : 23 October – 17 November 2017 (Block 2)
- Results : Check here for date of results release.
– APPLICATIONS CLOSED –
The unit maps the roots and routes of English-language travel in Italy, from the aristocratic travel of the English Renaissance, to the Grand Tourists of the eighteenth century, to the rise of middle-class tourism and the travel genre in the nineteenth century, to the mass tourism and cyber travel of today. In an eclectic range of sources, including travel books, essays and fiction, a central focus will be on contemporary or near-contemporary cultural responses to Italy (including those articulated in guidebooks), and also how the country is ‘packaged’ for the consumption of foreign travellers in the discourses of the tourism industry.
Deposit: $300 (Paid on application)
Total program fee (includes deposit + balance): $300
Tuition fees: Monash students will be charged fees according to their verified funding status. This fee will appear on your Monash Fee Statement. Non-Monash students must contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about tuition fees.
Accommodation: Students participating in the Semester in Prato program must stay in Prato during their program dates. There are many great options close to the Prato Centre that you will book independently.
Travel: International return airfare* and associated transfers
Other Costs: Meals and spending money.
* Please note, students should not book flights until after your application has been endorsed by the Faculty and the Faculty has confirmed the program will be going ahead.
How to Apply
Applications open: Applications for 2018 Semester 2 will open November 2017.
Applications close: Applications for 2017 Semester 2 are now closed.
- Check that you meet the eligibility requirements
- Ensure the program will fit into your degree course map. All students should complete a course progression check from their faculty.
- Read the full application process
- Check to see if there are any specific application requirements for your chosen program on the programs page.
- Complete the online application form. Incomplete applications will not be assessed.
* Art Study Tour units have a minimum number of students to be able to go ahead. Students should not make any travel arrangements until the Faculty has endorsed their application and confirmed the program will be going ahead.