New Colombo Plan mobility grant funding has been awarded to Monash University, as part of this signature initiative of the Australian Government that aims to lift knowledge of the Indo-Pacific in Australia and strengthen our people-to-people and institutional relationships.
A selection of International Study Programs have been allocated funding (see below).
Grants are available for students who meet the required eligibility criteria (see below), are accepted into study program, and address the application criteria.
New funding opportunities are announced throughout the year. Interested students should check this page regularly for updated opportunities.
New Colombo Plan Eligibility Criteria
- You must be an Australian citizen enrolled in an on-shore campus of Monash University.
- You cannot receive a New Colombo Plan scholarship if you have dual citizenship or residency rights in Indonesia, or if you have previously been a citizen or permanent resident in Indonesia.
- You must be undertaking a Bachelor degree, Honours degree or concurrent Diploma at the commencement of the Australia and Asia study tour.
- You cannot receive a New Colombo Plan scholarship if you have received one previously during your undergraduate studies.
- A minimum of 90% of scholarship recipients have to be between the ages of 18 and 28 at the commencement of the Australia and Asia study tour. As such, no more than 10% of scholarship recipients can be older than 28.