Credit points: 6
Location: Monash Prato Centre, Italy
Coordinator: Dr Samuele Grassi
Program type: Arts Semester in Prato
– APPLICATIONS CLOSED –
European cinema changed the way we see and know the world. In this unit we trace the development of European cinema after the fall of the Berlin Wall and into the 21st century, asking three key questions: How have the changing boundaries and social crises in Europe in the post-Berlin Wall era impacted on cinema? What distinguishes European cinema from others in the global era? Can the cinema still be an appropriate media for reflecting cultures, identity and social change? We will study some of Europe’s most influential contemporary films and documentaries. Students will be introduced to films from a range of countries, including France, Belgium, Italy, Germany, Hungary and Spain.
– KEY DATES –
|2017 Sem 2 Program||2018 Sem 2 Program|
|Pre-Departure Session (Compulsory)||17 May 2017||May 2018|
|Overseas Dates||23 October – 17 November 2017 (Block 2)||24 September – 19 October 2018 (Block 1)|
|Results||Check here||Check here|
– PROGRAM FEE –
|Deposit (Paid on application)||$300|
|Balance (Paid on acceptance into program)||$0|
– TUITION FEE –
Monash students will be charged fees according to their verified funding status. This fee will appear on your Monash Fee Statement. Non-Monash students must contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about tuition fees.
– ACCOMMODATION –
Your accommodation in Rome and Prato is included in the above program fee. The faculty has booked accommodation with check-in the night before the program commences and the night of the final day of the program.
– ADDITIONAL COSTS –
- Spending money
- International Return Flights** and associated transfers.
* Please note, students should not book flights or organise visas until after your application has been approved by the Faculty and the Faculty has confirmed the program will be going ahead.
How to Apply
Applications open: Applications for 2018 Semester 2 will open November 2017.
Applications close: Applications for 2017 Semester 2 are now closed.
- Read the full application process
- Register your Expression of Interest for 2018 Semester 2 Program here.
* Art Study Tour units have a minimum number of students to be able to go ahead. Students should not make any travel arrangements until the Faculty has endorsed their application and confirmed the program will be going ahead.