The Arts Semester in Prato program is flexible, immersive and enriching. Don’t want to study overseas for a full semester? Tailor your time in Prato to suit your needs!
The Semester runs from September to December and is broken up into 3 blocks. You can study in Prato for 1, 2 or 3 blocks. Each block is 4 weeks long and offers units from various areas of study. You can study 6 or 12 points per block, but a maximum of 24 points across all 3 blocks.
Prato is a beautiful and historic Italian city, surrounded by medieval walls and set in a picturesque Tuscan landscape. Prato is also within easy reach of other cities such as Florence, Venice and Rome, which makes it a perfect base for exploring Italy and beyond.
Want more information about the Monash Prato Centre? Visit the Arts in Prato website!
*All block offerings are subject to change
|Deposit (Paid on application)
|Balance (Paid on acceptance)
||$300 / unit
||$2,000 – $6,000/ study tour*
* Program Fee will vary depending on unit/study tour. Please see individual program pages for information on program fee and what is included and excluded
How to Apply
- Start planning at least 1 year in advance
- Check that you meet the eligibility requirements for Arts Study Tours
- Request a course progression check online from Arts Student Services. Use the comments section to ask “Will [Unit code(s) and Title(s)] fit my course progression?”
- Double degree student? You must also obtain written approval from your Managing Faculty and provide this to Arts Global Programs at the time of your application.
- Non Arts Degree? You must obtain written approval from the Managing Faculty of your course
- Have the following things prepared for the Pre-Decision stage of your application through MAP
- a scanned copy of your passport to upload
- a copy of your course progression check to upload
- consider your need to apply for an OS HELP Loan
- your personal statement of maximum 250 words outlining why you would like to undertake the Study Tour to upload
- your bank account details. Your Monash Abroad Scholarship, OS HELP Loan, and any other scholarships will be paid into this account.
- pay the deposit* of your program fee(s) via shop.monash. You must pay this BEFORE you can submit your application.
- After you have submitted your application through MAP, you can check the status of your application through ‘My Inbox’ or ‘My Applications’
- You will receive an email from the Arts Global Programs notifying you of the outcome of your application (approx 2 weeks after the application closing date)
- You will need to log back into MAP to complete additional Post Decision steps to commit to the program
- You will also receive an approval email from Monash Abroad which will confirm the details of your Monash Abroad Travel Scholarship, OS HELP Loan and Complimentary Travel Insurance
- You will be manually enrolled by Arts Global Programs
- You will receive your Monash Abroad Travel Scholarship and OS-HELP Loan (if applicable) approximately 2-4 weeks before departure**
- All students must attend a compulsory pre-departure session approximately 4 weeks before departure***
- Download the Respect.Now.Always app before departure
* Please note that the deposit is not refundable except in the case that your application is not successful. Read the full refund policy.
** Upfront payments must be made, these loans and scholarships will not be available before the program fee due dates
*** Arts Study Tours have a minimum number of students to be able to go ahead. Students should not make any travel arrangements until the Faculty has endorsed their application and confirmed the program will be going ahead.
Find out more about scholarships and loans available.
- Travel Insurance: All outgoing students will receive complementary travel insurance.
- Tuition Fees: Monash students will be charged fees according to their verified funding status. This fee will appear on your Monash Fee Statement. Non-Monash students must contact email@example.com to enquire about tuition fees.
- Refund Policy: Please read our refund policy carefully before applying.