|Credit Points||6 – 24 credit points|
|Location||Monash Prato Centre, Italy|
|Overseas Dates||September – December 2018|
|Applications Open||Applications Now Open!|
|Applications Process||See here for how to apply|
The Arts Semester in Prato program is flexible, immersive and enriching. Don’t want to study overseas for a full semester? Tailor your time in Prato to suit your needs!
The Semester runs from September to December and is broken up into 3 blocks. You can study in Prato for 1, 2 or 3 blocks. Each block is 4 weeks long and offers units from various areas of study. You can study 6 or 12 points per block, but a maximum of 24 points across all 3 blocks.
Prato is a beautiful and historic Italian city, surrounded by medieval walls and set in a picturesque Tuscan landscape. Prato is also within easy reach of other cities such as Florence, Venice and Rome, which makes it a perfect base for exploring Italy and beyond.
Want more information about the Monash Prato Centre? Visit the Arts in Prato website!
Block 1 | 24 September – 19 October
|Intensive Introductory Italian 1 (ATS1229/ATS2229)|
|Human Rights in the Criminal Justice Sphere (ATS2465/ATS3465)|
|Screening Contemporary Europe (ATS2295/ATS3295)|
Block 2 | 22 October – 16 November
|Intensive Introductory Italian 2 (ATS1230/ATS2230)|
|Cultural Diversity in Contemporary Europe (ATS2619/ATS3319)|
|Global Connections: Understanding Cultural Literacy (ATS3302)|
Unit/Study Tour Fees
|Deposit (Paid on application)||$300||$500|
|Balance (Paid on acceptance)||$0||$1,500- $5,500|
|Total||$300 / unit||$2,000 – $6,000/ study tour*|
* Program Fee will vary depending on unit/study tour. Please see individual program pages for information on program fee and what is included and excluded
For security, safety and visa requirements, all students undertaking units in Block 1, 2 or 3 must stay in Monash-approved accommodation in Prato. For this reason, Monash University will arrange your accommodation in Prato. Non-refundable accommodation deposits are required prior to application approval.
If you are undertaking a Study Tour in Block 3, the accommodation deposit is built into your program fee for this block.
|1 Block||2 Blocks||3 Blocks|
|Deposit (Paid on application)||$500||$1,000||$1,500|
|Balance (Paid on acceptance)||TBC*||TBC*||TBC*|
* Multiple types/prices of accommodation will be available – Arts Global Programs will liaise with you once your application has been approved.
How to Apply
* Please note that deposits are not refundable except in the case that your application is not successful. Read the full refund procedure.
** Upfront payments must be made; these loans and scholarships will not be available before the program fee due dates
*** Arts Study Tours have a minimum number of students to be able to go ahead. Students should not make any travel arrangements until the Faculty has endorsed their application and confirmed the program will be going ahead.
- Monash Abroad Travel Scholarship
- Monash Global Grant
- Monash Global Equity Grant
- The Woolmark Company Prato Study Scholarship
- Arts in Prato Travel Scholarship
- Walter Mangold Trust Fund Scholarship
- Italian Australian Foundation Travel Grant
Find out more about scholarships and loans available.
- Travel Insurance: All outgoing students will receive complementary travel insurance.
- Tuition Fees: Monash students will be charged fees according to their verified funding status. This fee will appear on your Monash Fee Statement. Non-Monash students must contact email@example.com to enquire about tuition fees.
- Refund Procedure: Please read our refund policy carefully before applying.