Credit points: 6
Location: Monash Prato Centre, Italy
Coordinator: Dr Ben Wellings
Program type: Arts Semester in Prato
– APPLICATIONS CLOSED –
The European Union is a unique historic and political achievement. It helped turn Europe into a zone of peace and contributed to the consolidation of democracy in the post-fascist and communist eras. Yet it is also a polity in profound crisis. It is challenged from within by critics of its own democratic credentials in the wake of the Eurozone crisis and from without by security threats from a resurgent Russia and an influx of refugees. Students completing this unit in Prato will gain a deep understanding of the origins of today’s European Union and the pathologies of its multiple crises.
– KEY DATES –
|2017 Sem 2 Program||2018 Sem 2 Program|
|Pre-Departure Session (Compulsory)||17 May 2017||May 2018|
|Overseas Dates||20 November – 15 December 2017 (Block 3)||19 November – 14 December 2018 (Block 3)|
|Results||Check here||Check here|
– PROGRAM FEE –
|Deposit (Paid on application)||$300|
|Balance (Paid on acceptance into program)||$0|
– TUITION FEE –
Monash students will be charged fees according to their verified funding status. This fee will appear on your Monash Fee Statement. Non-Monash students must contact email@example.com to enquire about tuition fees.
– ACCOMMODATION –
Students participating in the Semester in Prato program must stay in Prato during their program dates. There are many great options close to the Prato Centre that you will book independently.
– ADDITIONAL COSTS –
- International return airfare* and associated transfers
- All Meals
- Spending money
* Please note, students should not book flights until after your application has been endorsed by the Faculty and the Faculty has confirmed the program will be going ahead.
How to Apply
Applications open: Applications for 2018 Semester 2 will open November 2017.
Applications close: Applications for 2017 Semester 2 are now closed.
- Read the full application process
- Register your Expression of Interest for 2018 Semester 2 Program here.
* Art Study Tour units have a minimum number of students to be able to go ahead. Students should not make any travel arrangements until the Faculty has endorsed their application and confirmed the program will be going ahead.